Savoy Swing Club is governed by a board of directors. The SSC board meets monthly. If you would like to attend a meeting or if you have questions about the board’s activities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Current board members
- Steven Stevenson has been dancing in Seattle since 2003 – taking many of his first classes with Savoy Swing Club. He has a unique perspective of what SSC could be – not only as a weekly dance in the community, but what it could entail for the future of the scene. Steven has choreographed and managed Seattle’s own performance troupe, Swing-amajig, that won acclaim and awards throughout the Northwest. Steven has taught, performed, and competed throughout the world, and likes to think of Seattle as his home. Steven frequents all of the dance venues in Seattle, often dancing between 1-5 nights a week, and is almost always found at Savoy Mondays! He can be contacted at email@example.com.
- Vice President
- Logan Chinn has been enjoying the Seattle swing scene since 2010, after moving from Long Beach, California. He is originally from the Central Coast of California, where he learned his first triple-steps back in 2002. Logan is a graduate student and teaching assistant at the University of Washington Earth & Space Sciences department, where he studies structural geology. You can typically find him social dancing at Savoy Mondays and the Century Ballroom, or taking one of Seattle’s many Lindy workshops.
- Sarah Stover has spent three years dancing and one year volunteering in the wilds of Seattle area vintage jazz dance. In addition to preserving information for Savoy Swing Club as part of her secretarial duties, she acts on several local dance event committees. She also enjoys utilizing her extensive non-profit and community-based experiences to strengthen relationships amongst Seattle’s swing dance entities as well as to bring Lindy Hop, Balboa, Blues, and Solo Jazz to the masses!
- Meranda Tuttle has been involved in Swing since 2007 when she first came to the University of Washington. She became involved in the UW swing group (Swing Kids) as the Lessons Coordinator, Administrator/Techie, and President. She volunteers as much as she can around the swing community, from Savoy Mondays to HepCat Productions and any larger swing events happening in the area.
- Marketing Coordinator
- Lee Broxson is the current Marketing Director for Savoy Swing Club. He has been part of the SSC board since Spring of 2008. Lee has been dancing since early 2007 and has a great passion for Lindy Hop and its community and is heavily involved in the Seattle dance scene and many of its events. You can find him social dancing 3-5 nights a week, teaching in a few obscure locales, and dancing with Savoy Swing Club’s Rainier Rhythm performance troupe.
- Events Coordinator
- Jessica Welker began her love affair with swing dancing in Portland, Oregon in 2006 when she attended a dance with a group of friends celebrating a birthday. The friends eventually went home, but she kept right on dancing ’til the wee hours and has faithfully devoted her attention to the art of classic jazz movement ever since. She served on Portland Lindy Society’s board of directors as Secretary from 2007-2009 before setting her sights on the bright city lights of Seattle. She is excited to join Savoy Swing Club this year as the Events Coordinator and in addition to the planning responsibilities of Killer Diller Weekend, hopes to bring you many wonderful opportunities to dance. When she’s not busy coordinating events for Savoy Swing Club, she’ll be spending her energy out on the dance floor, wherever classic swing jazz music may be found. For questions regarding DJs, bands or events, please email her here: firstname.lastname@example.org | http://www.killerdillerweekend.com
- Membership Coordinator
- Jon “Gentleman Johnny” Keith has been swing dancing since 1999 when a high school girlfriend bullied him into taking lessons. He’s lived and danced in Olympia and Pullman but plans to dance in Seattle forevermore. On any given Thursday you can probably find him at the Russian Center. If you have questions about obtaining a membership, renewing a membership, or membership benefits please email email@example.com.
- Classes Coordinator
- Bethany Potter has been swing dancing since 2006 and has become increasingly involved in the Seattle swing scene. In addition to the SSC Board she serves on committees planning different dance events around town. For any questions regarding classes or registration, please email her here: firstname.lastname@example.org.